Northern Star Council camps are able to provide substitutes or alternative menus for participants with the following dietary restrictions:
- Peanuts or Tree Nut Allergies
- Gluten Allergies
- Lactose Intolerance
- Pork Restrictions (Religious)
- Vegetarian Preference
We are not able to provide alternate food for other restrictions at this time; however, we will store and serve all food that is brought for participants who have additional dietary restrictions. If multiple dietary restrictions exist, contact the camp directly to discuss options.
Who Should I Contact
Participants are asked to contact the camp one to two weeks in advance to arrange for possible menu substitutions. Due to order deadlines with our food provider, we cannot guarantee assistance for requests made less than 72 hours in advance. As a result, you will need to bring your own special food if making request less than 72 hours in advance.
Kiwanis Cub Scout Camp
Phillippo Cub Scout Camp
Stearns Cub Scout Camps
Many Point Boy Scout Camp
Tomahawk Boy Scout Camp
Our food service staff will not arrive until shortly before our season begins in early June. Please indicate in your message if you require a call back once they arrive.
- Prior To Camp
- Participants with allergies/restrictions should contact camp one to two weeks in advance of camp. Resulting information is shared with food service staff.
- At Camp: Check-In
- Health forms are screened – additional severe allergies are noted and shared with health staff and food service staff. Life threatening issues are shared with appropriate staff (counselors, directors, etc.)
- Participants or adult leaders of participants are asked to share information about participants with severe allergies. Resulting information is shared with health, food service and appropriate staff.
- At Camp: Shortly after Check-In
- Participant/adult meets with appropriate food service personnel to discuss food expectations and procedures during their stay at camp.