Friday, November 24, 2017
Cub Camping - Frequently Asked Questions

When do I need a Tour Plan?


Times when a tour and activity plan must be submitted for council review include the following: 

  • Trips of 500 miles or more; or 
  • Trips outside of council borders (exception: not to your council-owned property); or 
  • Trips to Florida Sea Base, Northern Tier, Philmont Scout Ranch, Summit Bechtel Reserve (you will be asked to present a copy of  your tour and activity plan upon arrival), national Scout jamboree, National Order of the Arrow Conference, or a regionally sponsored event; or 
  • When conducting any of the following activities outside of council or district events: 
    • Aquatics activities (swimming, boating, floating, scuba, etc.) 
    • Climbing and rappelling 
    • Orientation flights (process flying plan) 
    • Shooting sports 
    • Any activities involving motorized vehicles as part of the program (snowmobiles, boating, etc.)

Regardless, the tour and activity plan is an excellent tool that should be included in preparation for all activities, even those not requiring it. It guides a tour leader through itineraries, travel arrangements, two-deep leadership, supervision qualifications, and transportation


Home   |   Cub Scout   |   Boy Scout/Venturing   |   Camps   |   Forms and Resources   |   Join Scouting
Copyright 2013